If you choose to parent your child, we have many ways to help you:
- Peer counseling and support
- Referrals for outside services such as housing, financial, legal, and medical aid, including off site referrals for STD/STI testing
- Earn While You Learn Classes: Our popular program that consists of childbirth and parenting classes that are made available to first time parents. The classes meet once a week for 1.5 hours. Clients learn about delivery techniques and parenting skills that are important once the baby arrives. Upon completion of the course, clients are eligible to receive items that will be needed for the baby’s care. Items may include crib, car seat, clothing, diapers, etc.
- Support during labor when no one else is available. See videos about labor and delivery here.
Adoption can be an excellent solution to an unplanned pregnancy. It is a welcome alternative to raising a child a woman feels unprepared to raise. Adoption is not giving up on your baby. Adoption is giving your baby the gifts you want him or her to have that you can not provide. It is the gift of life to both the baby and the couple who will love and raise the child. There is nothing more courageous and loving than a mother who does what is best for her child.
There are extensive waiting lists of couples looking to adopt newborn babies in the United States. For every couple that adopts, many more wait in line. There are even prospective adoptive parents who specifically want to adopt disabled or special needs children.
Adoption is conducted very differently now than in years past. Today the birth mother is respected and empowered. She chooses the parents she wants for her child from resumes and interviews. The birth families and adoptive families get to know each other and often become friends during the pregnancy. Any degree of openness after the baby is born is mutually agreed upon and can be arranged.
Carolyn’s Place can help you work through adoption. We can help answer your questions and provide the support you need. Watch these videos to see beautiful stories of adoption: My Adoption Story and Interview of a Birth Mother on Megyn Kelly Today.
About Abortion Alternatives
When facing an unplanned pregnancy, you have a difficult decision to make. You have the option to parent your child, place your child for adoption, or you may be considering having an abortion. Carolyn’s Place recognizes the difficulty of this decision and we can help you to decide what is best for you and your baby.
You may be facing pressure to have an abortion; we can offer alternatives to abortion that you may not have considered. Our goal is to empower you to be the best advocate for your unborn child.
If you are looking for information on the Emergency Contraception you can learn more here (Please include hyper-links to the sites provided below). Please be aware that there are risks associated with emergency contraception and it can have an abortifacient effect, ending the life of a fertilized embryo before implantation.
Abortion has many physical, emotional, and psychological risks associated with it. Some risks that follow abortion can include the following:
- Heavy bleeding
- Incomplete abortion
- Damage to cervix
- Scarring of uterine lining
- Perforation of the uterus
- Damage to internal organs
- Allergic reaction (to medication)
- Post-abortive syndrome which can include symptoms of depression, guilt, denial, suicidal thoughts, flashbacks of the abortion, avoidance, substance abuse, unhealthy relationships, sexual dysfunction, sadness, eating disorders, and more…
There are different types of abortion (please create hyperlinks to each of the following types of abortions with the links provided below)
- Medication abortion (https://optionline.org/options/abortion-overview/medication-abortion) Also known as the abortion pill or RU486
- Surgical abortions (https://optionline.org/options/abortion-overview/surgical-abortions)
You can watch a doctor describe how abortions are performed in a factual and educational way here:
Abortion Procedures: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Trimesters
Carolyn’s Place does not refer or perform abortions. Carolyn’s Place not a medical clinic.
(203) 597-9050 – 24/7
Text (203) 695-1252
Free pregnancy testing.
If you are worried that you might be pregnant, just give us a call or send us email. We offer free, confidential, laboratory quality pregnancy tests. This is the first step in confirming whether or not you are pregnant.
One of the best choices you can make when faced with an unplanned pregnancy is to seek advice in a safe, private setting. Whether you need one appointment or many, we’ll be here as you make your decision and beyond.
We respect you.
Founded in 1992, Carolyn’s Place is a non-profit center, providing free services to pregnant women.